Monday, July 23, 2012

He Thought He Was A Man, But He Was Also A Woman

A prominent Denver photographer who thought he was a man, found out after an ultrasound screen to examine a kidney stone that he was also female. He has lived his whole life as a man, sometimes receiving comments about some female traits, only to find out that he was, in fact, born intersex.

Steve Crecelius told Fox News that he remembers secretly putting on his mother's clothes and applying makeup when he was younger. He went on to explain that he had frequently identified with being female, and from a very young age - but he has lived his life as a male until a few years ago.

Steve told Fox News:

"When I was 17, I was working my first part-time job at a TV station as a floor cameraman and the person in charge said to me, 'You know, you walk like a queer.' And I thought I was hiding who I was, and I wasn't.

I had a kidney stone and we're in the emergency room. The nurse is reading the ultrasound and says, 'Huh, this says you're a female'."

What is intersex (intersexuality)?

According to Medilexicon's medical dictionary, Intersexuality means:

"The condition of having both male and female characteristics; being intermediate between the sexes."


Intersex refers to a group of conditions, often termed DSDs (disorders of sexual development) - there is a discrepancy between the appearance of the external sexual organs and the internal ones. The older terms hermaphroditism or pseudohermaphroditism are rarely used by healthcare professionals, and have given way to intersex or intersexuality.

The revelation validated everything Steve felt inside

When his intersexuality was discovered, Steve said that it validated everything he had always felt inside. Initially, the diagnosis was a bit of a shock. However, Steve also described it as "a relief". He eventually decided to permanently live as a woman.

For Steve, it was not just a simple question of deciding which gender he could best identify with and then making a choice. He was married to a woman and they had six children.

He told Fox News "How do you tell your kids that well, it's no longer dad, it's dadette?"

Apparently, on being told the news, his children said they did not care, and would love him for whoever he was.

The revelation occurred nearly five years ago. Wife Debbie and Steve still live together - they share the same bedroom and bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog here! Also your website loads up very fast! What web host are you the usage of?
Can I am getting your associate hyperlink on your host?
I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol
Also see my webpage > what are genital warts

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article!
It is the little changes that will make the most significant changes.
Many thanks for sharing!
Have a look at my blog ... diets that work fast

Anonymous said...

When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added
I get three e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
Thank you! Visit my website at outlook problem utf-8

Anonymous said...

certainly like your web-site but you need to test the spelling on quite
a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues
and I to find it very troublesome to tell the reality nevertheless I will certainly come again again.
Visit my website at real estate dictionary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts